For a detailed description of the jobs represented by IBEW 1439 members working at Ameren UE and Liberty Utlities please select the appropriate link at the bottom of this page. For information on applying for jobs with our signatory utilites please visit the following links:
Local 347 Job Opportunities:
Local 347 was able to come to an understanding that the IBEW and Bridgestone need to work cooperatively to assure the continued efficiency and quality of the plants electrical operations. Bridgestone will now hire electricians under the IBEW agreement as opposed to USW multi craft workers. In order to make this work LU 347 needs to find four (4) more experienced industrial maintenance electricians. Below is the job description. Please contact Local 347 at 515-243-1924 if you have questions.
Core competencies :
- Basic Knowledge of Mechanical and Fluid Systems
- Electrical theory and application
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems
- Knowledge of Motor/Generator Theory and Application and controls
- Familiarity with Electronic Drives and PLCs
- Ability to read one line distribution drawings and electrical schematics
- Electrical measuring instruments (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, meggers, et al)
- OSHA safety rules for manufacturing plants, including electrical safety and LOTO
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Operation and use of hand tools
- Operation and use of power tools
- Functional knowledge of computers and Microsoft office
- Ability to clearly communicate via electronic media and interpersonally
Description of Duties:
Maintenance Electricians will provide emergency and routine maintenance support to the operations departments in a machine intensive, heavy industrial environment. Perform analytical troubleshooting, electrical installations, provide customers with estimates of repair time, perform repairs on manufacturing machinery and auxiliary systems and provide overall support for all aspects of manufacturing operations. Candidates must be able to work on a 12 hour shift either days or nights.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a technical skill assessment written examination, undergo a one-on-one technical interview, and Human Resources Interview. Starting pay of $30.28 / hour.
The work weeks runs Sunday through Saturday. Applicants must be able to work either day shift or night shift. Day shift is from 6 A.M. to 6 P.M. Night shift is from 6 P.M. to 6 A.M. Firestone is a continuous operations plant. Teammates must be able to work a shift schedule with 48 hours one week and 36 hours the next week.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, in addition to:
1. Six (6) years of electrical maintenance related military training and experience
2. Completed an apprenticeship program, obtained a journeyman certification, and 2 years industrial maintenance experience as an electrical technician
3. Associates degree or certificate in Electro-Mechanical Industrial Maintenance or similar program and 3 years of industrial maintenance experience in a multi-craft environment
4. Ten (10) years experience as an electrical technician in a multi-craft, industrial environment